The Yealink W52P IP DECT phone is a full-featured mobile device, which can provide reliable and convenient wireless voice communications. In addition, it provides many widely accepted benefits of the DECT standard, including high security, scalability, and low power consumption to better meet your requirements.
Please Note: Your new handset will be delivered from us pre-configured and tested for you, no further configuration is required for first use.
This guide is designed to provide everything you need to install your new VoIP handset.
The following components are included in your W52P IP DECT phone box:
- 1 Base Station
- 1 Handset
- 1 Charge Cradle
- 2 Power Adapters
- 1 Rechargeable Batteries
- 1 Ethernet Cable
- 1 Belt Clip
Install the Base Station
You have two options for power and network connection of the base station. Your system
administrator will advise you which one to use.
- AC power
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Important! Do not remove the power and network to the base station while it is updating firmware and configurations.
To connect the unit using the AC power cable:
- Connect the DC plug on the power adapter to the DC5V port on the base station and connect the other end of the power adapter into an electrical power outlet.
- Connect the included or a standard Ethernet cable between the Internet port on the base station and the Internet port in your network or the switch/hub device port.
Power over Ethernet
With the included or a regular Ethernet cable, the base station can be powered from a
PoE-compliant (IEEE 802.3af) switch or hub.
To connect using PoE:
- Connect the Ethernet cable between the Internet port on the base station and an available
port on the in-line power switch/hub.
Please Note: You do not require the AC power adaptor when using a POE enabled network port, this should be removed prior to plugging in a POE enabled ethernet cable.
Install the handset cradle
- Connect the DC plug on the power adapter to the DC5V port on the charger cradle.
- Connect the other end of the power adapter into an electrical power outlet.
Handset battery installation
To insert batteries into the handset:
- Open the battery cover.
- Insert the batteries in the correct polarity.
- Close the battery cover.
The handset batteries will take take 6 hours during first use to become fully fully charged.
Handset User Manual
A full copy of the user manual can be downloaded directly from the Yealink product support website. Download Manual (External Link)